Search the Web

Custom Search

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Flipkart.com service review

I recently reviewed Letsbuy.com, and recently did some shopping on Flipkart.com. Having heard many good, rave reviews, I thought it is time that I experience their service.

I must say I am delighted so far with their service. I ordered two books, and 4 packs of Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (3 PC 1 Year) from them.

One of the books I ordered was readily available so I placed an order immediately. I paid by credit card (although a cash on delivery facility is also available, and many of my friends have used that option). Delivery was made in exactly 3 business days, which made me happy.

As soon as I placed any order, I received a confirmation SMS (text message) on my mobile phone and also an email. In most cases, I received my credit card company's purchase confirmation SMS after Flipkart's SMS.

Nice.

The email confirmation sent acknowledges placement of order with quantity and price, order number, expected delivery date, and shipping address to which the consignment will be sent. The mail is plain text.

What could be added to this mail is the call center contact numbers. Flipkart.com has a 24 hours customer service helpline, which I think no other online shopping provider has, and I know Letsbuy.com does not have.(Letsbuy.com now have a 24 hour helpline).

The email could be enhanced with a few images and fancy work but I guess they want to make it as light weight as possible for fast download and delivery.

The second book I ordered was an international edition book (which I have been searching for years, by the way) which was not readily available. They imported the book and then shipped it to me. The order for it was placed on 12th of August.

They had estimated it to reach by around 25th of August. It reached on 22nd. In fact, on 19th August I placed another order, which was for the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and both of these items reached on the the 22nd together. So, the main point is that they smartly detected and sent me the items together.

The FAQs on their site is also comprehensive and very useful. The most important thing for me, which  they mentioned on their site, was that all items are inclusive of octroi and that I do not have to pay any octroi extra (On Letsbuy.com I am having trouble even finding the FAQ. The FAQs page of Letsbuy.com is very difficult to find and not possible from the main page. I logged in, saw a scrolling faq widget and then from there found the FAQs).

Once your item is shipped, an email is sent to you with a tracking URL and you can track your package. This is all shown on the Flipkart's site and not the logistics company's site, which is really impressive. Also, this seems to imply that the logistics company is their own and not a third party, if this is so, that is really very impressive.

I have also noticed that many items are cheaper on Flipkart.com as compared to any other online stores, and even some local shops that I have checked in Pune. Case in point, the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 which was cheaper on Flipkart.com than Kaspersky's own website, Letsbuy.com and even compared to Data Care Corporation which is a local computer products chain and has a store in my office building.

Now for a couple of downers...

1)  The site has a 'notify me' option which I had subscribed to for my international edition book. I never got any updates about my book, and it's availability, but I just went ahead and ordered it anyway.

2) My friends in office usually order items to the office address and it seems that the guy who delivers the books to our office, is a very rude guy and has been rude on more than occasion.

I never needed to, or got the chance to call their call center, so I do not know how good they are over the phone.

Overall, very good service, definitely impressive. A point to note is that Flipkart.com does have head start because the founders are ex-Amazon.com employees, so other sites, watch out, beware, your work is cut out for you!

Here is a convenient bar below for you to experience the online shopping awesomeness.


Flipkart.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Flipkart is certainly the Best Indian shopping site today.
I started abt 1 year ago buying books , so far purchased about 18 books all flawless delivery. Last month I started buying High end DSLR camera and lenses all delivered before time in superb packing, well wrapped up in airbags.
Oh yes, I live in a remote village in Goa.
Flawless service for 1 year

Pankaj Sharma said...

Flipkart has nothing but a bunch of great actors behind the calls .. They can just repeat the scripts given to them by their so called "back end" and "technical department" n number of times !!

If someone really wants to buy a product do some good research about the product yourself because if the product you are going for is not good enough .. do not expect any help from their support team !! they will just fake it and prove you wrong on the bases of there unreal "terms and conditions" .. I was a great fan of this "Online Mega Store" :-/ until I went for a Micromax cell phone !!
the phone I bought had some manufacturing defect which they have now defined as --
"It was your fault" .. I have had endless discussion regarding it but they are just reading the same script again and again and again !! ... asking me to get it repaired from some workshop !

This is so sad !

Buy something only if you feel you have energy to talk to some bunch of crooks in their team who will do nothing but give you some unreal, illogical and lame feedback !!

Forget about 30 day replacement thing, If you don’t know how to yell at someone :x !!

Amit said...

Flipkart is amazing! Much better than Snapdeal and better than Amazon in delivery, service and UI!

They always have flawless deliveries and innovative practices!

Also, the Bansals worked in Amazon for less than a year! It's mostly their own innovations!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Parvati Homes
Payal Bliss
Payal CLassic
Payal Palace
Payal Pride

real estate said...

I truly appreciate the time and effort you have put into this article.Good work.
Ganesh Siddhi
Haripriya Heights
Swara Blossom