Search the Web

Custom Search

Monday, September 26, 2011

Molife Fit to use case for Samsung Galaxy SII reviewed

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 Android mobile phone from Letsbuy.com and as part of the offer, I got a Molife Fit to use hard case for the phone. The phone contains a two part mobile case, a body that covers the back and sides of the phone, which has openings for the camera at the back and openings on the top and bottom for the phone's mic, headphones jack and charger jack.
The second cover is a slide-on cover which can be used to cover the phone, such that the screen is protected as well and a belt-hook is present for you to holster the phone onto your belt, or the phone can be turned around before sliding in, to expose the phone's screen and then the belt hook can be set to make the phone rest against it, inclined, to watch videos (if this does not make sense, have a look at the images below, apologies for the low quality images, I am still working on my photography).

Quite frankly, initially I was really apprehensive that I would ever use such a mobile cover since I had belt hooks and I hate holster mobiles in such a way. But, after I lost the leather pouch that came with my phone (Sob! ;( ), it was not difficult to convince myself to use the hard cover.

The belt hook section is not detachable from the cover, which if it could be removed, would make putting/removing the mobile from my pocket much easier.

Anyway, I hereby list the advantages of why this cover is awesome and one should buy one.

Pros:-
1. A hard cover will most definitely protect your phone much better that a leather pouch or no cover.
2. The Samsung Galaxy S II is SUPER light. I prefer the slightly "I can feel it in my hand" phone (most people prefer phones as light as possible,  I like the not too light and the not too heavy feel). The addition of the cover makes the overall weight and feel in my hand much more pleasing.
3. The cover's feature to stand the phone slightly inclined is really appealing. It also makes it easier to watch videos of keep it in front of me, below my monitor at work.
4. Makes you feel safer about your phone.
5. The protruding hook makes removing the phone from your jeans' front pocket, a bit difficult, which also means your pocket won't be picked that easily, which is good for such an expensive phone.
6. Since the phone's body will not have any scratches, it's resale value would be better after a few years.

Cons:-
1. Those who like lighter phones will not like the additional weight
2. The difficulty in removing the phone from your jeans' front pocket means you cannot answer calls that quickly if required.
3. Sometimes you have to hold both parts of the cover in different hands as sliding the phone in the second cover, covers the camera.

I think the pocket bulge can be over come over time. Maybe you could even use just the back cover in most cases and use the second cover as and when required.

My recommendation is to buy this cover. Especially more so if you are a bit careless, like me, with phones and drop/scratch them accidentally.

The MRP (maximum retail price) is Rs. 1200 including a screen guard. Buy it from Flipkart.com for Rs. 960 (Molife Fit to use case for Galaxy S2 I9100).

It retails on Letsbuy.com for Rs. 960 including shipping. I have had difficulty finding it on Molife's own website, oddly enough.

I recently came across another option for a cover without the belt hook.

Let me know if you like it and do end up buying it.

Inclined position, a bit of atop view this photo!
The left cover is the slide cover which has the belt hook.

Top cover on the left & back cover on the right.The left cover shows the belt hook.

Inclined position side view. This way you can keep it on your desk and watch videos, or for video calls.
The two rod like things keep the belt hook open for resting. You would otherwise insert you belt through the opening instead.


Fancy Some Shopping?
Flipkart.com

1 comment:

real estate said...

Great information shared in article, which has help most of the viewer.
Mahaveer Cygnet
Assetz 63 Degree East
Living Walls Olde Town