Search the Web

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Of Re-use and Abuse

I am a firm believer in recycling, reuse, waste management and to start with, I try not to waste. Especially when it comes to food, water and electricity. India has a scarcity of all of these and many people in other places go hungry, thirsty and without power for hours...which I have had to deal with when I was in Africa...man those were the painful days...no video games for 20 hours a week!!!

I also believe that things should be thrown away when absolutely no other choice exists. Like bottles and similar sort of containers.

For e.g. when I was a kid my parents would re-use bottles of vinegar and Gin to fill em up with water and then put it into the fridge so as to have cold water. But this led to some unwanted incidents of me gulping down VINEGAR instead of water after coming home from playing a couple of hours in the SUN!!! Painful.

(Might I add, that as you got older you tend made that mistake on purpose (oxymoron I know) with the Gin bottle :-) )

Today, I found a tin that was marked with "Nutrilite-- Protein supplement" and well I thought let's try this out. I made a milk shake of it and drank it all. It didn't dissolve completely and had a powdery feeling by the end of it.

Now, it struck me a moment later that i picked that tin up from off my sister's dressing table.
I really hope i haven't gone and drunk some make-up related powder kinda thing...I hope she comes home fast so I can ask her.....

Why can't people take off the labels or mark new labels on the reused containers???
Well just in case...it was nice knowing all of you...

Good bye cruel world...


Fancy Some Shopping?
Flipkart.com

10 comments:

anish said...

dude, r u the mayank from fergi ? the one who went to the merc school ?

Rishi Agarwal said...

ROTFLOL !!!

Makdt said...

yeah...so anish hows it going?

Madame Mahima said...

haha!
look mayank..rule number ONE - NEVER EVER grab anything off a girls dressing table, and consume it..NEVER!

Makdt said...

hehe point taken...anyway turns out it was protein powder ...

Rishi Agarwal said...

DAMN !!

Better luck next time ...

Saurabh said...

Oye Mayank !
I dont know if you know this, but that Nutrelite stuff is a VERY HIGH protein supplement.

So, I hope you didn't put more than a teaspoon into the stuff that you drank.

Coz, with that an overdose of protein, I dunno ... we could have a big Dr-Mayank-Ross-Gellar-Tripathy monster amongst us.

Not a pleasant sight that :)

Makdt said...

hahaha hehehe very funny

oh damn cool ....i am having this whole thing and also gonna order three new tins....
so now i am making my list of peoples heads that need ripping offff. guess who is on it first!!!!

surbhi seth said...

Mayank!!! As I was reading your blog, I pictured a dorky, yet a lost-in-my-own-bubble kinda guy in his quarter-life crises!!! lol.. I'm glad u didn't poison ureself by consuming a drink of make-up powder n milk!=)

Jay said...

Babloooo...i hope u ain't trying to recycle yr own life talkess of recycling and reusing other petty stuff!!
Be careful man!!!