Search the Web

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's All just CRAP By The Way.

This one is another one of my corporate Rants.
I hate it when people or companies take loads of money for something and give you substandard Products or service. It boils my blood and you should feel the same too.....


This is my review of Not just jazz by the bay.

Restaurant: Not Just Jazz By the Bay.
Location: E-Square.

I wanted to go to this restaurant for a while since a few of my friends recommended it.
The did however tell to try the Buffet.

I went there once with my sister and friend.
We ordered a-la-carte. And here is my review.

DRINKS:
My sis had something called Peach Fizz. I had a Tropical Bloom and my friend have a sweet and salty fresh lime soda. The tropical Bloom tasted like my Medicine that goes by the name of 'Ventolin'. The peach fizz was too fizzy and distasteful. And the fresh lime soda was...tolerable. The mocktails cost around Rs.120 and the fresh lime Rs. 50. So bad and sooooo not worth it.


STARTERS:
We ordered stuffed mushrooms, Potato Roesti and one more thing which escapes me now.
They were all ....okay. Not great. Not something i would recommend.
The quantity was atrocious. My 7 month old niece craps more than the amount they give you in each plate.
Each starter was in the Rs. 95 to Rs. 105 range.
YUCK!!!!

MAIN COURSE:
Now if you are a non-vegetarian then you have quite a bit of choice, but if not..then you have 5 pastas to choose from, one Ravioli, a Veg Wrap, and 2 more veg dishes which I cant remember.
I wanted the ravioli but it was not there. So I had the Crap Wrap. Now I really hate wasting food or water...but this was sooo bad that i left half of it. The Pasta Arabiata was okay.
Again the portions were so less that even a starving Somalian would turn it away. (I really pray to god for people who get no food daily. And people Please don't waste GOOD food. )

AMBIENCE:
The whole place has black everywhere. Black tables, black chairs, black rexine sofas giving it a very S&M feel. The floor tiling is nice though. A nice Drum kit sitd on the stage.

THE WAITERS:
I could sense a slight bit of arrogance... and I really hate arrogance.

All in all this place is a COMPLETE RIP OFF. I am so disgusted with the place that i will never ever go back to even try the buffet. Please Do not go there.
Not a satisfying lunch and paid an arm and a leg.
YOU have been warned.

Mars restaurants... STOP LOOTING the general public.



Fancy Some Shopping?
Flipkart.com

9 comments:

Rishi Agarwal said...

thank u for warning me.. never tried that place before..

BTW, write a review on it on mouthshut.com, but ofcourse, in a more decent way ;-)

surbhi seth said...

Aww.. sowie you had to be the guinea pig for some of us who haven't been there yet. I've made a solid mental note, so most likely if I ever come down there I shall not waste the bare minimum that I make on bad food. By the way, I agree.... ppl musn't waste good food!

Thanks for the warning!:)

The Puppet said...

regarding ur comment on my blog...

its ok mayank, i know u dint mean wot u said and i understand ur frame of mind...

its sad that with every passing year, our country keeps taking steps backward instead of forward..

but today the SC has served a notice to the government regarding the quota shit...lets hope sumthing comes outa it...

i honestly believe that economic disparity shud b the norm...well uve read my post neways :)

thx for dropping in a comment, later...

PS : u got a good blog going...

The Puppet said...

btw, it was a HUGE gesture on ur part to apologize...specially wen i hadnt mentioned neone's name...its just that i was reading a lotta similar comments at different places...so that kinda came out in the post...

thx man...keep writing...and all the best for the exams...:)

im guessing ur next post is gonna b abt all the 'useful' things u have learnt in ur 4 years of engg...hahaha...specially at MESCOE!

Madame Mahima said...

aye caramba! we have this rip offs EVERYWHERE!
havethe time they serve 'airplane' food (ya know..pre packed and just heated when ordered)

pple musnt waste food at all! one mans lousy food is another's gourmet meal...i order less and if i want more i just top it up =D

jomy said...

Hey Main , have tagged you ! Dont mind ! Check ma blog !

Shalini said...

ummmnn..if u go to Not Just Jazz and have Ala Carte...YOU are outta ur mind....especially when we told u NOT to...and specifically said ..have the Buffet....then u'll feel like YOU'VE looted them.



Don't Grumble so much mainCode!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dude!!!
Keep up the good work.
Waiting for some posts in near future.

Anonymous said...

Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
Vaishnavi Ellora
Anantya
Anchor Residency
White Woods
Anutham